Sunday, August 14, 2005

Preview chapter available for When Towns Had Teams

I know that many of you have pre-ordered When Towns Had Teams. From my perspective, this has been extremely gratifying. Knowing that people have faith that I'll deliver on my promises breeds confidence, as well as some anxiety.

In order to reward readers, as well as give you a brief sneak preview of what you'll be holding in your hands in about four weeks, my webmaster and design guru, Jonathan Braden, has put a sample chapter up on the website.

Keep in mind that the formatting is a bit different than the book (the book will be 6 X 9), but this is a representative section of the kind of stories and flavor of the book.

This weekend has been a blur, finalizing many details, preparing to transmit files to the printer on Monday. I wouldn't be where I am right now without two immensely helpful people. As a designer, Jonathan Braden has gone above and beyond what I've asked him to do. Additionally, he's been encouraging at a time that has been trying, to say the least. That kind of diligence is hard to find, and it has allowed me to get to the point where I can start to get excited about my finished product. My wife, Mary, has spent much of the past two days reading through the manuscript, checking for formatting bugs, words that got pushed together during changes, and a few odds-and-ends that inevitably sneak through, even after the most thorough editing. It hasn't been easy to be Mrs. R'Vision Press the past two weeks.

A publisher is only as good as his support network and mine has been top-notch!

No comments: