Thursday, April 10, 2008

Stories about Moxie

I am in the midst of a new book project that will be tied to Moxie, the soft drink. Like the first book, which tapped into the fondness people had for baseball from another era, this one will capture life in a small Maine town.

Since the town that I know best is my hometown of Lisbon Falls and Lisbon Falls is the epicenter of the Moxie universe at the moment (with its annual Moxie Festival, in July), what better way to entice readers than to blend aspects of Moxie, memoir and a little Maine history thrown in, to boot?

Moxie Matters: Life's Beginnings in a Small Maine Town will be out in full-length in September. I am also planning to release a commemorative, 25th anniversary book during Moxie Festival. This will include the first concise and semi-comprehensive history of all you'd ever want to know about Moxie, including for the first time, how Lisbon Falls got dragged into the Moxie vortex.

I am currently seeking stories about Moxie that might end up being included in a chapter that will gather the best of these. So far, I've already gotten some great stories/anecdotes about Moxie from a variety of Mainers (and a few outside of our fair state), with a couple being of the semi-famous variety.

If you have a worthwhile Moxie story that you'd like to share, please send it to moxiestories08 (at) yahoo (dot) com. I'm particularly interested in stories from people who don't live in Maine, but love Moxie all the same.

I look forward to reading them and choosing amidst the Moxie bounty.

No comments: