Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Are you into Facebook, or Twitter?

How addicted to Twitter are you?

Created by Oatmeal

This could have been higher--my intuition towards not being "addicted" to social media led me to answer questions a certain way.

I'm actually embarrassed by some of my answers to the questions, like, have I tweeted while on the can ("yes," he sheepishly replied)? At least I haven't tweeted what I was eating, while I was eating it.

Social media is here to stay, and while I was initially very cold on Twitter as a communications tool, I've warmed considerably, while maintaining my general disdain for Facebook. A recent article in the Washington Post considers the merits of Facebook vs. Twitter.

Interestingly, most of the people I rub elbows via work in Central/Western Maine are pro-Facebook, and many know little or nothing about Twitter. I tend to go the other way on this, given the number of Farmville acolytes inhabiting Facebook, and the general "FML" patois that is rampant there.

2 comments:

Lisa K. said...

I would not say I am addicted to Facebook or Twitter, but definitely the Red Sox Fan Forum and certain blogs!

Happy Holidays Jim!

Jim said...

Happy holidays to you, Lisa. Thanks for stopping by on a regular basis and I really appreciate that you take the time to leave comments. It's always nice to know that people care enough to share thoughts with me from time to time.