Thursday, April 09, 2009

Where's Ben Sheets

On May 16, 2004, Ben Sheets struck out 18 Atlanta Braves. I was watching the game on TBS, the Atlanta Braves network at the time. Sheets made major league hitters look like overmatched Little Leaguers, with an unhittable 12-6 breaking pitch, and a fastball routinely touching 95 on the gun. I'm thinking, "this guy's sick."

Since then, I've been a lurker, following Ben Sheets, and his up and down, injury-plagued career, always wondering just how good he could have been without his propensity to get hurt, and also, if he played for a real major league team, not a AAA squad masquerading as one. Sorry Milwaukee.

When I want to MLB.com this morning, I noticed he was no longer listed on the Brewers roster. I'm like, "WTF?"

I guess I'll have to do some digging when I get a chance.

1 comment:

Listmaker said...

he was a free agent and then got hurt. currently rehabbing.