Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chasing the sun

I know opportunities for post-work bike rides are just about gone, as days grow shorter. By the time I get home from work, there is no longer time/light enough to get in an hour on my bike.

After being on the road since 7:00 this morning, I cut my day short and was home by 4:30, which allowed me time enough to get in 16 miles out and about on the back roads near where I live.


The next several months will be tough. I can join the gym and maintain the level of workout intensity I've grown accustomed to (and need to maintain in order to stay in shape). What will be difficult will be the lack of sunshine, and the seasonal blues that a shortage of vitamin D can engender.

2 comments:

Delfina said...

Wow, 16 miles! I'm glad you had that opportunity as the days grow shorter.

Jim said...

I've never been so aware of the shortening fall days, like I am this year.

Hoping to ride on weekends, at least, until maybe Thanksgiving.

We shall see.